Pasta Carbonara is one of those dishes that has many variations. Some recipes call for wine, cream, milk, pancetta, bacon, eggs, ham and even peas or diced carrots. There is not really a wrong way to make this recipe, so do not be afraid to try it with different ingredients, see what taste best to you and your family. After all, that is what cooking is all about!. This recipe is both quick and easy to put together. I used Milk to create a nice creamy sauce to coat the spaghetti, along with the ham, pepper flakes and the rest of the ingredients, makes this dish a flavorful one. Buon Appetito!
- 1 LB of dry spaghetti
- 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- 1/4 Cup of grated cheese.
- 1 cup of milk ( I used 2%, however, heavy cream or whole milk works too).
- 1/2 Tsp of red pepper flakes.
- 1 Tsp of salt / black pepper.
- 2 Tbsp of butter.
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- 1/4 LB of deli ham (pancetta, or regular bacon works just as good).
- 1/2 Of a finely chopped onion.
- Bunch of parsley.
Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil, add salt and pasta and cook to “al-dente”. In a large skillet heat oil and add the onions and the garlic and cook until translucent (3-5 mins). Add the milk, red pepper flakes and ham and bring to a quick boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Add the spaghetti, salt, black pepper, toss for a minute, add butter, cheese and half the chopped parsley(use other half to garnish) and toss for another minute. Serve immediately.